Ombudsman Services


OIEC ombudsmen

OIEC ombudsmen assist unrepresented injured employees (or beneficiaries in the case of a work-related death) with workers’ compensation disputes. OIEC services, including ombudsman services, are provided at no cost.

How your ombudsman can assist you

When disputes come up in a workers’ compensation claim that cannot be easily resolved, an ombudsman can answer questions you have regarding your dispute. Upon request, the ombudsman can:

An ombudsman can assist you, but cannot represent you

You are responsible for your claim and helping your ombudsman gather information for your claim.  Ombudsmen do not give advice, make decisions, or sign agreements for you. However, ombudsmen do give you information and options so you can take informed actions on your claim.

To request OIEC assistance

Office of Injured Employee Counsel

7551 Metro Center Drive, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78744 | 1-866-393-6432 |

Accessibility | Compact with Texans | Privacy/Security
Linking | Texas Homeland Security | Texas Veterans Portal | TRAIL
To report Fraud, State Auditor’s Office Hotline:
SAO Website | Texas State Spending